Resident Art & Writing Program
"Every human is an artist.
And this is the main art that we have:
the creation of our story."
Don Miguel Ruiz
Organize your residents to participate in the 2020 LeadingAge Ohio annual Art & Writing Program! Five District Shows will be held across the state this Spring, with all winning entries progressing to the State Show during the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference, August 25 - 27, 2020 in Columbus. Entry is free to all our member residents and clients.
NOW is the time to encourage your artists and authors to prepare an entry (or two or three!) for the 2020 Program. Fuel enthusiasm so it can spread and involve everyone! Both novice and experienced writers and artists may submit entries. Two or more persons may work together on a project and enter one of our cooperative categories.
General Program Information
All Residents of LeadingAge Ohio member facilities are invited to participate! Award winners from each District Exhibition will show their work at our Statewide Show to be held in conjunction with the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Resident Celebration Day at the Hilton Columbus at Easton, August 25-27, 2020.
Regional Show Information/Details
2020 District Show Information
District 1 Central/Southeast Show
Friday, June 26, 2020
Judging will happen at 12:00 p.m., ribbons will be handed out immediately following.
Ohio Eastern Star Home
1451 Gambier Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Deadline for entry forms and writing entries: Friday, May 15
District Coordinator: Marci Thomas
District 2 South/Southwest Show
Details coming soon!
District 3 Northwest Show
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Ohio Living Dorothy Love Apartments
2500 N. Kuther Road
Sidney, OH 45365
Deadline for entry forms and writing entries: Wednesday, May 13
District Coordinator: Lori Puterbaugh
District 4 Northeast Show
Thursday, June 11, 2020
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
10204 Granger Road
Garfield Heights, OH 44125
Deadline for entry forms and writing entries: Friday, May 22
District Coordinator: Danielle Paluscsak
District 5 East/Mideast Show
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Beeghly Building Main Entrance
Copeland Oaks Crandall Medical Center
800 South 15th Street
Sebring, OH 44672
Deadline for entry forms and writing entries: Wednesday, March 18
District Coordinator: Andrea Blake
Entry form opening soon!
To learn more about the LeadingAge Ohio Art & Writing program, contact:
LeadingAge Ohio Statewide Coordinator
LeadingAge Ohio Art & Writing Contact
Recognition & Awards
Kathryn Brod, MBA
- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
- Staff liaison to Human Resources Committee
Director of Strategic Communications
- Serves as lead member communications and media strategist for key association initiatives
- Oversees digital strategy, including websites, newsletters and social media channels
- Provides strategic direction for communicating organizational goals and achievements to members, partners, policy makers and the media
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries
Jennifer Taylor, BA, CGS
Director of Member Experience
- Manages provider member recruitment and retention strategies
- Database management
- Responsible for website content/access
- Provider Membership staff liaison
- Staff liaison to Awards and Membership committees